Dorcas Project provides basic furniture and household items to individuals and families who are suffering poverty and disadvantage who live in Southampton and the surrounding area.
This is not a direct access project - everyone we help is referred to us by one of our recognised agencies to ensure that there is agenuine need.
The furniture package costs for the financial year 2018 / 19 is £160. This is discounted in certain areas due to local funding as follows:
- £90 in Southampton city
- £130 in Eastleigh Borough
- £140 in Winchester, Romsey, Totton and Waterside
Please note that all prices will be increasing by £10 as from 1 April 2019.
Referral agents should contact the SCRATCH office on 023 8077 3132 to make a referral.
We are usually able to deliver within 4 working days. The project works on a very strict 'best goes first' basis, meaning we are unable to offer choice to clients.
Dorcas Project can offer a Basic Package of furniture:
- Three Piece Suite (or similar seating)
- Beds (as many as are needed, including Doubles, Singles, Cots (when available))
- Kitchen Box (crockery, cutlery, pots & pans etc.)
- Chest of Drawers
- Bedside Cabinets
- Table & Chairs
- Coffee Table
- T.V. Cabinets
We are also able to help with single items of furniture - please contact the SCRATCH office for further information.
It is great when we hear what a difference a delivery of furniture makes to people. Here are a few recent comments: -
- The service you guys provide is invaluable - we have been trying to get a proper, safe mattress for this particular lady for months and without you guys she would still be sleeping on her old, soiled and unsafe mattress.
- I am amazed at how much furniture I have been given, I am very happy with the service - I had nothing and now I have a lot.
- I would just like to say; the furniture was of fantastic quality (not that I of course expected anything different!). I’d also like to note, that the two men delivering went the extra mile.