Dorcas Project provides basic furniture and household items to individuals and families who are suffering poverty and disadvantage who live in Hampshire.
This is not a direct access project - everyone we help is referred to us by one of our recognised agencies to ensure that there is agenuine need. If you are in need of help, please ask any agency with whom you are in contact with to give us a ring on 023 8077 3132.
The furniture package costs for the financial year 2018 / 19 is £160. This is discounted in certain areas due to local funding as follows:
- £90 in Southampton city
- £130 in Eastleigh Borough
- £140 in Winchester, Romsey, Totton and Waterside
- £160 anywhere else in Hampshire
Please note that all prices will be increasing by £10 as from 1 April 2019.
Referral agents should contact the SCRATCH office on 023 8077 3132 to make a referral.
We are usually able to deliver within 4 working days. The project works on a very strict 'best goes first' basis, meaning we are unable to offer choice to clients.
Dorcas Project can offer a Basic Package of furniture:
- Three Piece Suite (or similar seating)
- Beds (as many as are needed, including Doubles, Singles, Cots (when available))
- Kitchen Box (crockery, cutlery, pots & pans etc.)
- Chest of Drawers
- Bedside Cabinets
- Table & Chairs
- Coffee Table
- T.V. Cabinets
We are also able to help with single items of furniture - please contact the SCRATCH office for further information.
It is great when we hear what a difference a delivery of furniture makes to people. Here are a few recent comments: -
- The service you guys provide is invaluable - we have been trying to get a proper, safe mattress for this particular lady for months and without you guys she would still be sleeping on her old, soiled and unsafe mattress.
- I am amazed at how much furniture I have been given, I am very happy with the service - I had nothing and now I have a lot.
- I would just like to say; the furniture was of fantastic quality (not that I of course expected anything different!). I’d also like to note, that the two men delivering went the extra mile.