We are pleased to have received funding from the Isle of Wight and Community Foundation to help fund deliveries for Hampshire Residents.
The story that had to be told – the video that has to be watched!
See how SCRATCH helps the needy and disadvantaged in Southampton and surrounding area.
Learn how you can help SCRATCH continue to build its vital work.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE –7 Septebmer 2020
In these difficult times, the welfare of our staff, volunteers, donors and those we seek to service are paramount. Following a period of closure, we are have now restarted most areas of work.
Dorcas Project –
Furniture collections will restart as from 1 June, on the following conditions
- Our driver will phone in advance to check that no one in your household has COVID 19 symptoms
- Our driver will risk assess each property and may refuse to enter if he feels it is not safe to do so.
- Items must be left outside, in a garage or in one downstairs room
The items we currently need are: -
- Sofas (small, clean with fire safety label)
- Single Wardrobes*
- Chests of Drawers*
- Bedside Cabinets*
- Crockery, Cutlery, Saucepans, Kitchen Utensils (including tin openers)**
*need to be solid and in excellent condition
**we can only collect these items, but you can drop them off to us – see below
If you wish to drop items off to us at 33 Mount Pleasant Industrial Estate, Southampton, SO14 0SP, you can do so on the following conditions
- Between 9.30am and 4pm (if the gates are shut, please phone 023 8077 3132 and some one will open up). Please do not leave items outside the gates
- If you have furniture, if possible please send us a photo beforehand to email@example.com to check that it is acceptable
- All furniture will be assessed before being accepted
- All donations will be on a no contact basis, so you must be able to unload items yourself.
Office telephone – as from 7 September our phones will be answered between 9.30am and 4pm. You can leave a message outside of these hours or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.