CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – 27 May 2020
In these difficult times, the welfare of our staff, volunteers, donors and those we seek to service are paramount. Following a period of closure, we are in the process of restarting some areas of work.
Dorcas Project –
We are starting the delivery of essential items as from today.
Furniture collections will restart as from 1 June, on the following conditions: -
- Our driver will phone in advance to check that no one in your household has COVID 19 symptoms
- Our driver will risk assess each property and may refuse to enter if he feels it is not safe to do so.
- Items must be left outside, in a garage or in one downstairs room
The items we currently need are: -
- Sofas (small, clean with fire safety label)
- Single Wardrobes*
- Chests of Drawers*
- Bedside Cabinets*
- Crockery, Cutlery, Saucepans, Kitchen Utensils (including tin openers)**
- Duvets (not kingsize)**
- Bedding – sheets, duvet covers, pillowcases**
*need to be solid and in excellent condition
**we can only collect these items, but you can drop them off to us – see below
If you wish to drop items off to us at 33 Mount Pleasant Industrial Estate, Southampton, SO14 0SP, you can do so on the following conditions
- Between 9.30am and 2pm (if the gates are shut, please phone 023 8077 3132 and some one will open up). Please do not leave items outside the gates
- If you have furniture, if possible please send us a photo beforehand to email@example.com to check that it is acceptable
- All furniture will be assessed before being accepted
- All donations will be on a no contact basis, so you must be able to unload items yourself.
- Only items listed above will be accepted
Our charity shops – we aim to have these open on, or shortly after, 15 June.
Office telephone – as from 1 June our phones will be answered between 9.30am and 2.30pm. You can leave a message outside of these hours or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Please bear with us during the next couple of months as we have reduced staff levels.