CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – 10 June 2020
In these difficult times, the welfare of our staff, volunteers, donors and those we seek to service are paramount. Following a period of closure, we are in the process of restarting some areas of work.
Dorcas Project –
We are starting the delivery of essential items as from today.
Furniture collections will restart as from 1 June, on the following conditions: -
- Our driver will phone in advance to check that no one in your household has COVID 19 symptoms
- Our driver will risk assess each property and may refuse to enter if he feels it is not safe to do so.
- Items must be left outside, in a garage or in one downstairs room
The items we currently need are: -
- Sofas (small, clean with fire safety label)
- Beds - Single and Double
- Single Wardrobes*
- Chests of Drawers*
- Bedside Cabinets*
- Crockery, Cutlery, Saucepans, Kitchen Utensils (including tin openers)**
- Duvets - both single and double**
*need to be solid and in excellent condition
**we cannot collect these items (unless we are collecting furniture at the same time) but you can drop them off to us – see below
If you wish to drop items off to us at 33 Mount Pleasant Industrial Estate, Southampton, SO14 0SP, you can do so on the following conditions
- Between 9.30am and 2.30pm (if the gates are shut, please phone 023 8077 3132 and some one will open up). Please do not leave items outside the gates
- If you have furniture, if possible please send us a photo beforehand to firstname.lastname@example.org to check that it is acceptable
- All furniture will be assessed before being accepted
- All donations will be on a no contact basis, so you must be able to unload items yourself.
- Only items listed above will be accepted
Office telephone – as from 1 June our phones will be answered between 9.30am and 2.30pm. You can leave a message outside of these hours or e-mail email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Please bear with us during the next couple of months as we have reduced staff levels.
SCRATCH Shops re-opening
Our shop at 21 East Street, Southampton is reopening on Monday 15th June and will be open between 10am and 3pm Monday to Thursday.
Our shop at 85 Station Road, New Milton is reopening on Tuesday 16th June and will be open between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday.
Social distancing measures and screens are in place and we will be following government guidelines to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and customers.