Dorcas Project provides basic furniture and household items to individuals and families who are suffering poverty and disadvantage who live in Hampshire.
This is not a direct access project - everyone we help is referred to us by one of our recognised agencies to ensure that there is agenuine need. If you are in need of help, please ask any agency with whom you are in contact with to give us a ring on 023 8077 3132 (phones are answered between 9.30am and 4pm)
The furniture package costs for the financial year 2020 / 21 is £170. This is discounted in certain areas due to local funding as follows:
- £100 in Southampton city
- £140 in Eastleigh Borough
- £150 in Winchester, Romsey, Totton and Waterside
- £170 anywhere else in Hampshire
Referral agents should contact the SCRATCH office on 023 8077 3132 to make a referral.
There are times when the referral agency or client do not have funds to meet the cost of a furniture delivery. We are keen to build up a fund that we can use to meet this cost for the most needy of our clients. If you would like to donate, please click here
We are usually able to deliver within 4 working days. The project works on a very strict 'best goes first' basis, meaning we are unable to offer choice to clients.
Dorcas Project can offer a Basic Package of furniture:
- Three Piece Suite (or similar seating)
- Beds (as many as are needed, including Doubles, Singles, Cots (when available))
- Kitchen Box (crockery, cutlery, pots & pans etc.)
- Chest of Drawers
- Bedside Cabinets
- Table & Chairs
- Coffee Table
- T.V. Cabinets
We are also able to help with single items of furniture - please contact the SCRATCH office for further information.
It is great when we hear what a difference a delivery of furniture makes to people. Here are a few recent comments: -
- I’d like to say that your charity is outstanding. I remember the help I had from you 18 years ago when I had my baby and lived in a hostel. I was very grateful for all the items I had received, to help me make that room my little home.
Thank you for the amazing service you provide, you don’t realise until you go into client’s homes and see how appreciative they are of the furniture you provide. I was able to see for myself how excited a little boy of 6 was to show me his new bed that wasn’t broken anymore.
The service you guys provide is invaluable - we have been trying to get a proper, safe mattress for this particular lady for months and without you guys she would still be sleeping on her old, soiled and unsafe mattress