Christmas Complete is set up to provide toys and gifts to disadvantaged children and young people who otherwise may not receive presents on Christmas Day. Everyone we help is referred by our trusted referral agents to ensure there is a genuine need.
CHRISTMAS COMPLETE 2020
CHRISTMAS WITH A DIFFERENCE!
Plans are already underway for our annual toy project, but this year it will have to operate differently. We’re assuming that social distancing measures will still be in place and are planning accordingly.
Help us financially
You can help us to operate another successful project by making a financial donation now so that we can start to purchase gifts for the groups we normally experience shortages for (teenagers, babies and toddlers). You can do this by: -
- making a donation using Virgin Money giving by using the link on our donate page - https://www.scratchcharity.co.uk/donate/index.htm
- phoning the office on 023 8077 3132 to make a card payment
- sending us a cheque made payable to SCRATCH to 33 Mount Pleasant Industrial Estate, Southampton, SO14 0SP.
In each case, please ensure that you indicate that the payment is for Christmas Complete.
If you are a taxpayer, please do complete a gift aid form. That way we can get an extra 25% back from the government.
Sponsor a parcel
How about sponsoring the cost of a parcel for a family for £20? This will cover the cost of packaging and delivering the donated gifts. Payments can be made in any of the ways listed above – just let us know that it is a sponsorship payment.
Buy a gift
If you want to purchase a gift to be delivered directly to us, we’ll be producing our wish lists later in the year.
For those of you who would like to volunteer on the project, further information will be available during October.
Donate second-hand toys
We will only be able to accept donations of excellent quality second-hand toys from Monday 14th September until Friday 20th November. This will allow us to quarantine donations and do any necessary cleaning and repairs prior to the start of the project.
Thank you so much for your support.
In December 2019, thanks to your help, we were able to provide a parcel containing 7 or 8 gifts to 2074 individuals across Hampshire. Below are a few of the comments we have received: -
- I’ve just had a parcel delivered – and I want to say thanks very much. They are beautiful gifts. My children will love them.” Client was close to tears on phone.
- “You have given my son so many lovely gifts – Thank you so much. Merry Christmas and God Bless”.
- “Thank you for putting smiles on the faces of this most needy family. More than the gifts, the family will feel that people care and will perhaps restore their trust in people”. Social Worker
- “Thank you for your kindness and for the box of gifts sent to us with love. It made our kids Christmas very special as it was the only gift they received and the gifts were awesome and exactly what they were expecting. Thank you very much once again”.
- “A big thank you to all involved with presents for our families and young people in Temporary Accommodation. I have spoken to a few of them today and they have said how lovely all the gifts are and how generous Scratch is. Very much appreciated by all”. Winchester City Council.
- “We have received a telephone call from L to advise that she has received a large box from SCRATCH with lots of presents for the children. She asked us to send her thanks. It means that she has things to give to her children, which will make their Christmas”. Probation
Many thanks for your support.
Last year we struggled with gifts for older boys (10 years plus) so we have put together a list of suggestions which can be viewed here - boys gift suggestions
Further details about how you can get involved for 2020 will be available here later in the year.